It makes a huge difference if you read scenes like a character would do it on stage i.e. with emotion, passion, feeling.
I doubt I'm the only one who's looked at pages and pages of script and felt they were lifeless - until I read it like I was the character. (E.g. try watching Ian McKellen as MacBeth, then read the Banquet scene again)
This is why I need to watch the movies to get the emotional gist of the play prior to reading the original text.
I doubt I'm the only one who's looked at pages and pages of script and felt they were lifeless - until I read it like I was the character. (E.g. try watching Ian McKellen as MacBeth, then read the Banquet scene again)
This is why I need to watch the movies to get the emotional gist of the play prior to reading the original text.
No comments:
Post a Comment